Monday, April 23, 2018

Acrobat -- Highlight All Instances of a Word or Phrase in a PDF


Direct purchase using PayPal ($60 only)!

Update (23/04/2018): New available, a free demo version of this tool, that will highlight up to 3 matches of the search term in the document.

Ever needed to make the same comment again and again and again? Now you can do it with one click! This script will highlight (and add a comment to) all instances of a specific word, partial word or phrase. The color of the comment, author's name and type of search (case sensitivity, whole word match) can also be set. Very useful for editing and review scenarios.

New feature: Use the Transparent color to make a pop-up effect over your text.

Here's how it looks like:





And the result of running the script...




For more information about this tool you can contact me directly.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mate,
You are saying that this is a script. I want to pass searching text/word programmatically through my Asp.net web application. can i find and highlight. Please guide me.

Gilad D. (try67) said...

Yes, it's a script written in JavaScript. If you want to do it with asp.net you will need to develop your own script/plugin.

Unknown said...

Hi..thx for you quick reply,

I dont know how to creat my own script plug-in and use it in my ASP.net application.
Could you plz help me in this regard through a sample code so that i can create and use it in my application.

Thanks in advance.

Gilad D. (try67) said...

Sorry, I have no experience with ASP.net applications and Acrobat.

Anonymous said...

Would this script work with Acrobat Reader? Or does it require a paid-for subscription? Also - if the number of words/phrases to be searched for was lengthy, can you explain how that's incorporated?

Gilad D. (try67) said...

Originally this script was written for Adobe Acrobat, but it might also work for the newer versions of Adobe Reader.

If you want to search multiple terms I recommend using a stand-alone tool instead of a script. Please contact me privately (try6767@gmail.com) to discuss this tool, which I've also developed.

Ramlingam KB said...

bro can i have the code or .js file?

Gilad D. (try67) said...

@Ramalingam K B
Sure, after you purchase the tool you'll get the .js file with the code.

meowy said...

does this work on macs?

Gilad D. (try67) said...

> does this work on macs?
Yes.